Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Craigslist Doosh

I have not been inspired in a while (surprisingly) to post to the quest that is doosh due to the fact that I was completely occupied by my apartment quest, which then transitioned into my pursuit for trash treasures and gently used furniture.

I recently responded to a bookshelf ad on Craigslist asking if I could come by and see it for myself. After not emailing back in an appropriate amount of time by Craigslist standards, I got the following dooshy response.

Craigslist Doosh:
"Do you want these items or not?"

I was immediately taken back by the rudeness and wanted to fire back with something equally as nasty, but I took the high road.

Laughkat:
“Sorry got held up tonight. Don't think I can make it by. Sorry for the inconvenience.”

I thought this to be enough, and I had absolutely no intention of seeing this bookshelf as a result; it was not worth it. I mean really? I think he was selling it for all of $50. This guy needed to take a chill pill.

Craigslist Doosh:
“No problem, but please reply only if you are serious. There are a lot of flakes on CL. It's like Match.com for merchandise. I am taking delivery of new furniture this week and would like to make some space here, so let me know if you're interested. As I said, I can help w/delivery if needed.”

Following this last clever remark, I thought, there is now way in hell I am letting this guy know where I live. Thanks for offering your services but knowing this guy has my email address is enough to make me want to sleep with a knife under my pillow.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/search/sss/mnh?query=knife

No comments: