Monday, November 19, 2007

Beware of the Dooshini.

This weekend I was guilty of what I call the “Houdini,” which today I learned was a nickname for something pertaining to human waste. [I guess that is a topic for another day and, in my opinion, another blog.] Even so, I’m going to stick with my name - “Houdini” a.k.a “an Irish goodbye.” Basically, it’s when a fellow party attendee vanishes with no “I’m out” no “see ‘ya later.” They leave you with a bunch of nothing and are on to the next thing whether it be a new bar/party or the toilet. [Few Houdinis are actually sober enough to remember.]

Everyone has a story related to the Houdini, but this type of behavior is innocent, really, and not to be taken personally. But what is it called with someone you’re dating pulls the same thing? I’ve got it – DOOSHINI. I don’t think this term is good enough to make it to Webster or even Wikipedia, but I do think I am on to something here. Any dude that is guilty of this disappearing act is definitely a DOOSH and probably has many more doosh qualities under his hat. Spread the word of the Dooshini and beware of his cunning nature - try not to be fooled by his bag o’tricks or that cute little bunny in his pants.

If you hear any of the following from your significant other – the Dooshini is near!

  • I’ve been on a bit of bender from rehab, and I’m trying to work things out.
  • I need some time to evaluate my life. It’s not you, it’s me.
  • You know my ex-girlfriend? We are just on a break.
  • Can I get that t-shirt back?
  • I have a wife.


For regular readers of this blog, this post is not to be viewed as “male bashing,” [that’s not what I’m about] but as an exemplification, hell, an education in dooshiness.

No comments: